Opinions on Site Navigation

KenSee
KenSee
edited January 2012 in General Archive
So, here is the deal. I am at a point in my wiki that I have to decide how I am going to handle navigation. My question is, in your opinion, should I use the standard tabs at the top with minimal custom navigation through links or should I use only links and disregard the OP tabs? Or is there a balance between the two?

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Ken See
"Paths of Destiny":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/paths-of-destiny-ken

Comments

• HurstGM
    HurstGM
    Ive done both. the heavy nav on the top, side and the super minimalist, and the one big page with a link on every page back to the main page. Personally ive found that each game will kinda lend it self depending on the tone of the game. If i had to puck a favorite its "hub" pages for that section where all the people are in one section and a bigger main page leading to all the hubs and a button that leads back to the main page. Sounds more complicated than it is. but thats only my opinion. I say do what feels right for your site.
  • TheMazeController
    TheMazeController
    My intent is to use the main bar below the banner as a player navigation tool and to use a floating sidebar for general site navigation. I suck tho so am still working on buttons and the floating text myself.
  • HurstGM
    HurstGM
    maze do you want some coding or other help with that?
  • TheMazeController
    TheMazeController
    Sure if you want to I would appreciate it! Email me at --> the.maze.controller @ gmail.com
    Post edited by TheMazeController on