Micah, co-founder of Obsidian Portal

Micah
Micah
edited July 2007 in Player Lounge

Comments

• Micah
    Micah
    Hi, my name is Micah, and I'm the co-founder of the website you're staring at.

I have been a D&D player and DM for about 15 years now. I started with my middle-school friends playing AD&D and I've been hooked ever since. I have played several other systems, but D&D is the one I know best, so I always go back to it. However, for future campaigns, I plan to try more story-oriented systems such as 7th Sea, since I find myself drawn to the role-playing and not the roll-playing.

This site grew out of my need to find a better way to track my campaign than my trusty DM's notebook. I kept writing notes to myself on random sheets of paper, only to lose them later. NPC names, places, story arcs, and such would all disappear into my binder, never to be found again. Plus, I began to keep a blog on Blogspot to track the campaign's story. Obsidian Portal was born when I finally realized that tabletop RPGs demanded their very own, built-from-scratch content management system. It may not be perfect, but I sure like it a hell of a lot, and it's getting better every day.

Please take the time to introduce yourself and say a few words about your gaming style. Obsidian Portal is only as good as its contributors, so don't just be a lurker! Step up and start contributing.
  • Micah
    Micah
    It's been quiet here lately. No one else wants to give us an introduction?