Locations Lists

Tikanni
Tikanni
edited November 2007 in Feature Requests

Comments

• Tikanni
    Tikanni
    I think locations could be a nice thing to track seperately like the characters and items. There may be specific cities, countries, or planets that are relevant and that details could be kept on by both players and GM's. Also flavors for those locations could be interesting to see to help give other GM's ideas.
  • Micah
    Micah
    Excellent idea. I originally intended to tie this in with the maps, but they haven't taken off like I'd hoped. Then again, it's kind of buggy (sorry...)

Still, even a list of locations, similar to the NPC tracker would probably be useful. Let me add it to the feature list and see if I can find a time to do it.

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Idless
    Idless
    Yes... glad I did a search, before I made a new topic... then again I couldn't believe that I would be the only one to think/want this!

It would be perfect... I guess random locations show up in many games. But as a Star Wars GM you really have to have planets up your sleeve... would be so nice, and add consistency to the campaign if I had a good overview of visited places and minor npcs(I wouldn't want them in NPC tracker, as the shopkeeper of that town, on that world, is only relevant on that world. My players, all the groups I had, also seem to forget quite fast what is what...

A wiki like this would be perfect to click once or twice, make notes on the world, add secret notes, make notes on player actions there, save and goodbye... would be lovely because then you can link to it from Adventure Log, and they will be more than dumb rocks.

...Troels
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    I'd like a locations tab, as well - it would be nice to be able to hotlink to a repository of information on Sigil's Lower Ward whenever it comes up in an NPC's description, for instance.

Failing that, the abiliy to link to a specific section of a wiki page would accomplish the same thing without the headache of an additional tab. I know that's already on the to-do list...
  • Micah
    Micah
    Yeah, a location list is a really good idea. Most people use the wikis for this stuff, but I don't like that. One of the founding principles of the site is that blogs and wikis are great, but they aren't perfect. Specialized tools are needed for specialized problems.

I don't think we have time to work on this anytime soon, but it's always good to keep generating ideas. At this rate, I'll be busy for several more years...