Doing this thing called gaming most of my life...

Jebus
Jebus
edited September 2011 in Player Lounge
Jebus here! I'm a veteran gamer but I'm rather new to this site. I was introduced to this site by my awesome D.M. I've played 3.5 most of my life and tried many different systems from AD&D to 4th ( not a fan, well except for Gamma World ) Paranoia, Star wars, a little bit of Dark Sun, Metamorphosis Alpha, Ebberon, Forgotten realms, Call of Cthulu (all gamer must) I've played in many Pathfinder campaigns and I'm currently running two at the moment : Rise of the Rune lords a classic hahaha and of course me and my family recently started Gamma World where I play a post apocalyptic cowboy. Don't you just love gaming?! All these great games I've done has been with my awesome gaming group that is actually my family! which is pretty awesome! Well that's a few things about the new member!
Here is a link to my new character from Gamma World, we just started so there is still a lot of fleshing out to do! "linktext":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/gamma-west-coast/characters/shiloh-gunnen
Jebus out!

Comments

• HurstGM
    HurstGM
    Welcome to OP jebus hope you find us helpful and informative
  • Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    Welcome to OP. Gaming is a way of life, I am just glad that the Vets of the Gaming world are still out there playing. It would suck to think I was the only one.

"Star Trek Late Night":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/star-trek-late-night
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    C'mon Stephen, there are lots of us oldsters!
    Welcome Jebus, there are lots of friendly folks here that love to game, any and all systems.
    May your dice roll true!
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt

Just trying to help out.

• Jebus
    Jebus
    Jebus here! Thanks for the friendly welcome everyone! Yes I agree with killervp there are many of us vets, we are the ones keeping the games alive! My bro-in-law taught me the game when I was 8 and I've taught it to my friends and they taught it to their friends etc! Gaming will live on!
    Jebus Out!
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Well met Jebus, hope your stay here at the Portal is a pleasant one, and be sure to stay active in the forum community as we've got a wonderful group of gamers here. Let us know if you have any questions regarding the technical side of site construction.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Greetings Jebus!

Welcome to OP and the forums. Hope to see you around.

-DarkMagus
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    Welcome to the Portal.

Mike aka Black Vulmea
    "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/le-ballet-de-l-acier - swashbuckling adventure in the age of the Three Musketeers and Captain Alatriste
    Featured Campaign of the Month - August 2011
  • Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    LOL I was having a conversation with a friend about gaming while commenting this morning and he was telling me that he was listening to a group of guys at a local internet cafe. The guys were all talking about how great they were at role playing and my friend decided to go introduce himself. When he said he played Dungeons and Dragons he was met with much ridicule. The Role Players were playing GTA on a consol and thought that pen and paper games were for the lowest of the low amongst the geek and nerdy world. My earlier comment was more in reference to this little story than anything else as the story was being relayed to me via phone as I wrote my welcome.

It is funny but true that many of us are still gaming and keeping this thing alive. Geeks like us are the backbone of imagination in a world being swallowed by computer games. I am glad to be in such good company and OP has definately made me realize that their are alot more of us old gamers still playing than I ever realized.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Hi Jebus and welcome to the site.

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member