Can you turn off Wiki edit notifications?

Rada_Ion
Rada_Ion
edited August 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
Hi guys. I am kind of new to this Obsidian Portal thing and Wiki's in general so bare with me. I am having a really annoying problem with automatic wiki edit notifications. Is there a way to have my Wiki pages not automatically check off one of my p[layers for notifications? All the pages seem to do this when edited, but only one of the players is selected for this message. I realy do not remember seeing any settings where this can be done.

Comments

• DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Have that player follow these instructions:

Go to your profile page and click the Edit Account button next to your name. then on this new page scroll down to "email notifications". There will be 3 boxes. One is "receive notifications on all wiki edits." If you uncheck that box then by default you won't be checked to receive notifications.

Hope that helps.

"DarkMagus":http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/DarkMagus
  • Rada_Ion
    Rada_Ion
    Unfortunately that isn't the problem. All mail and or message notifications on the profile edit page are unchecked, but to be sure I checked again, hit saved, and went to a wiki page to attempt an edit. The same result. One of my players always has a notification checked off. I can live with it but it seems that it is a bug of some sort, unless there is some other setting somewhere to change this that I do not know about.

Thanks for the help.
    Post edited by Rada_Ion on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    When you edit a page does a check appear next to the player's name?
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt

Just trying to help out.

• friendlypickle
    friendlypickle
    If you leave your name checked then you at least aren't pelting your players with massive doses of email. FYI.
  • ednoria
    ednoria
    I had this problem too, and it is because the player in question asked to have all changes sent to him. He'll need to edit his account settings, like DarkMagus said. It has nothing to do with YOUR settings, it is the always-checked player's settings.