Communicating with the players

Topheratl
Topheratl
edited August 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
Whats the best way for the GM to send a message to all the players or a group of players at once?

Right now I use the forum for all the players and send individual emails to each player if it is just a small group. There has to be a beter way right?

Love the site!

Comments

• HurstGM
    HurstGM
    alot of that depends on your players. mine are generally good about answering emails and looking at the forums. However if there is a page update or a character update you can select the check box and send a notofication to them directly about it as you create or update the page. If you have several games at once as my group does then you might create a campaing as something to organize all your games. I did tat and it works great. To some degree its your players needing to take some of the initative.
  • super_rats
    super_rats
    That totally depends on the players. From the perspective of a GM, it's pretty easy using the forum and selecting who to send the post to. If it only concerns one or two people, I've used the forum, just notifying those involved or done email. Generally, if I know I want to keep the info around to reference, I'll use a forum post, rather than email. This way, anyone curious about a specific ruling or whatever, will see it too. So I guess, if there's no reason to keep it private, then it's a forum post.

"A Malevolent Apparatus":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-malevolent-apparatus