Gamma World Cryptic Alliances (4E Stuff)

Fivegears
Fivegears
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Alright folks - lengthy stuff below, which is the meat and potatoes of the post. Basically, I'm going to be introducing the concept of cryptic alliances into my Gamma World game - a new "behind the scenes" conspiracy for each player to possibly work for (should they choose), much in the same way they kind of worked in Paranoia. This is going to be dealt with at the beginning of each major adventure in the form of random cards - much like the ones they give out in the Gamma World expansion, "Famine in Far-Go".

The thing is, I don't think 5 alliances gives enough variety, so, I'm bringing up old ones from both this game world, and mashing them with Paranoia's groups (and maybe a few of my own). Thing is, I'm trying to come up with some of my own effects for these groups. If you have any ideas - please, drop 'em here.

-----

*Archivists (Romantics)*
- Reveal: Any time during an encounter.
- Effect: At the end of the encounter, each of your allies must make an Omega Charge check for each Omega Tech card he or she draws. Until the end of the session, whenever you draw an Alpha Mutation card, you can draw an additional card for each of those Omega Charge checks that failed. Then choose one of those cards and shuffle the rest into the deck they came from.

*The Brotherhood of Thought (Psions)*
- Reveal: At the start of an encounter.
- Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +5 bonus to overcharge checks for psi Alpha powers, and your allies must overcharge psi Alpha powers, if possible. When an ally overcharges a psi Alpha power during this encounter, you gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls to all defenses until the end of your next turn.

*Communists (Reds)*
- Reveal:
- Effect:

*The Church of the Subgenius (Slackers)*
- Reveal:
- Effect:

*The Created (Bots)*
- Reveal:
- Effect:

*The Followers of the Voice (Programmers)*
- Reveal:
- Effect:

*Free Enterprise (Mobsters)*
- Reveal:
- Effect:

*The Illuminati (Them)*
- Reveal:
- Effect:

*The Knights of Genetic Purity (Purists)*
- Reveal:
- Effect:

*New Dawn (Luddites)*
- Reveal: At any time during an encounter.
- Effect: Each character making an Omega Charge check at the end of the encounter takes a -5 penalty to the check. Your gain a bonus to your skill checks and saving throws equal to the number of those Omega Charge checks that fail. In addition, you gain a bonus to attack rolls equal to half the number of those Omega Charge checks that fail. These bonuses last until the end of your current session.

*Radioactivists (Mutants)*
- Reveal: At any time.
- Effect: Draw a number of Alpha Mutation cards equal to the number of untapped Alpha Mutation cards your allies have. Keep one of those cards and shuffle the rest into the deck they came from. Then each of your allies experiences an Alpha Flux.

*The Ranks of the Fit (Bonapartists)*
- Reveal:
- Effect:

*Restorationists (Survivors)*
- Reveal: When an ally reveals a Cryptic Alliance card and you are conscious.
- Effect: Choose one: 1. Negate the Cryptic Alliance card that was played and gain a power bonus to attack rolls and skill checks equal to the number of revealed Cryptic Alliance cards (not including Restorationist cards) until the end of the session. 2. Any effect from a Cryptic Alliance card that was played that applies to allies instead applies to the character that played the card, and any effect that applied to the character instead applies to that character's allies.

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Add something having to do with anarchists/libertarians
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt

Just trying to help out.

• Fivegears
    Fivegears
    Killer - I think the Zoopremesists are effectively anarchists, or might as well be. But, you're right, I should have a group that LIKES anarchy and wants to keep things the way they are.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Last listed is restorationists... I think your post got cut.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt

Just trying to help out.

• Fivegears
    Fivegears
    Oh, that's right - I was kinda flip-flopping on Zoopremesists. Ah, well. We'll see if they make it into "canon".