Premium accounts are on the way

Micah
Micah
edited October 2007 in General Archive

Comments

• Micah
    Micah
    We are working hard on adding premium accounts. For a couple dollars a month (much less than an MMO...he he), you'll have access to more features, plus get some well deserved recognition as a cutting edge DM.

The first feature we'll be rolling out will be higher zoom levels for maps. Regular campaigns will get 1 map with 3 levels, while premium members will get unlimited (for now) maps with 5 levels of zoom. This will allow you to upload larger maps (in area) or just higher resolution maps that will show better detail when zoomed.

After the maps, we have a whole slew of stuff planned, so stay tuned!

If you have any thoughts on this, be sure to speak up.
  • dungeoncrawlers
    dungeoncrawlers
    Count me in, I've only been here literally a few hours and can already see the advantages the service offers my campaign. I've been running a detailed website to keep up with it, but this is much easier to maintain. Thanks for providing the free service, and the minute you release the premium I'll be a member.
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    Not to rush you or anything, but do we have an ETA on this feature's arrival? Being limited to one map hurt so bad. :(
  • Micah
    Micah
    We have put this on hold for a little, as we work on our other site (payment processing using Amazon...boring stuff). Once we get our payment site working, our first order of business is to tie it in with this site. Although, we've been thinking lately of just going with PayPal, since they're easier to set up than the Amazon stuff.

My best ETA (and this is a shot in the dark) would be some time early to mid-January. I apologize for the wait, but we're spread so thin between adding all the features people want and working on our other site.
  • Idless
    Idless
    I would be very likeliy to pay for a Premium... granted that I can get something, that I can't get for free... and that I need. The map thing is not gonna win me over, but back up/secure storage of my data, would! That I could be sure that all my stuff is still there after a kink or update. Something that I cannot expect from a service that I offered to me for free - for free I have to be happy with what I get. You can say that its a privilige, but when I pay I expect to have some rights too...

...Troels
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    I'm not really a map user (my primary campaign involves space travel, and mapping planets is a bit more ambitious than I am willing to become for a hobby), so I would really hope to see more perks to being a premium user than just additional map usage. Would you possibly be open to some community brainstorming on the issue, to see if we could come up with some other little bonuses?

Aside from that, I will probably sign up for a premium account, regardless of what it offers, since I would want to support the community.
  • bzero
    bzero
    I have a question about the "Unlimited Campaigns" feature of Premium Accounts. I like to support sites I find useful, so I'm far more likely to sign up for a Premium account instead of, say, getting a second login if I want to start a page for a third account. But what happens to those campaigns if, say, next month/year I'm poor and can't afford to re-up right away? Do I just lose the ability to create more accounts (like the early adaptors), or do the extra accounts get frozen (like Archived campaigns)?