New game system

Migal
Migal
edited February 2008 in Feature Requests

Comments

• Migal
    Migal
    I am a new user of this site and have found it to be just what I needed to keep track of NPCs and information in my Dark Heresy campaign.

Could you add Dark Heresy as a new game system? That would be great, then I could search for others who use it, to get inspiration and share my ideas with others who want to know of Dark Heresy.
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    Post new system requests "here":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/forums/5/topics/90 and you'll have a better chance of getting it noticed :D
  • Micah
    Micah
    It's in there.

Too bad that Black Industries will no longer be publishing RPG books :( I'm a fan of the Warhammer 40k universe, and Dark Heresy looks kind of cool.
  • wyrmul
    wyrmul
    Especially since I believe the game sold out in the first day or two of being released. I guess someone thought it would be a threat to the core Warhammer 40k business. It is sad I was really wanting to use some of my old Call of Chuthulu adventures as seeds for Dark Heresy.
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    I'm picking up my copy tomorrow. My friendly local gaming shop sold out but managed to "convince" their distributor to give them a couple more :D

Oh how I wonder what Games Workshop was thinking...
  • Micah
    Micah
    bq. Oh how I wonder what Games Workshop was thinking…

"It sold out already...let's cancel it!"

Dumb, dumb, dumb...
  • wyrmul
    wyrmul
    From what I have been hearing on the podcasts is that GW has a history of killing projects that have a highly positive response to that they feel could threaten sales in their core products. A pen and paper RPG that was wildly popular caused fear that the client base would move away from the entrenched figurine market to the less lucrative pen and paper RPG market.
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    But how less lucrative is it if the freaking book sells out before it even hits the shelves?
  • IceBob
    IceBob
    Well, the major difference between books and miniature games is that a gamer only pays once for each book, while they'll often buy copy after copy of the same miniature (all but the most rare and expensive ones). More profit for their effort.
  • Havok
    Havok
    I'd liek to request BASH! and Vilians and Vigilantes
  • Havok
    Havok
    Sorry, wrong Forum...