Secret Wiki Pages

magavendon
magavendon
edited June 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
Is it possible to make an entire wiki page viewable by certain players?

I know there's a box to add a player secret between the GM and the players on any individual page, but for what I need I'd end up having the wiki page be completely blank and then have ALL the text for the page in this secret box for the players who are allowed to see it.

I suppose I can use this as a solution, but the title of the wiki page will kind of give the secret away to the players that don't need to know about it.

Comments

• magavendon
    magavendon
    I take it since no one has responded that this is not something that can be done?
  • floridafayboy
    floridafayboy
    I just post something generic as the title until it becomes public knowledge. Something like "Secret #7" then you have a list of wiki pages all numbered like that. The group probably has the expectation that you are keeping secrets. They will ravenously click all of them but only be able to see content on what they are supposed to see.

Good luck,
    J
  • magavendon
    magavendon
    That's a great idea. I'll do that.

Thanks!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    floridafayboy that was a great suggestion

Just trying to help out.

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Yup, I like this idea as well!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • Bitphreak
    You could also add "journals" for each player. And post any player specific secrets there. Of course if multiple players share the secret you would have to copy it to each page. That might not be all bad as each character might have a slightly different outlook on the secret.
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Floridafeyboy that is genius. I am immediately ganking the idea and using in my game. Just added another computer geek player so I've got more help with the wiki now! I'll probably combine it with Groff's idea, just need to determine exactly how.

Wonderful thread, got me thinking and those are always the best kind!

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!