D&D DM in Glasgow, new to Obsidian Portal

twiggyleaf
twiggyleaf
edited January 2010 in Player Lounge
Hi Everyone.
I stumbled upon OP a few months ago and started using it to design my campaign in November of last year. So far, I am loving it. I am still learning my way around but the WIKI page set up fits in so well with the way my mind orders things that I can hardly imagine not using it for any future campaign. I am particularly looking forward to when we start playing, by which time I will have signed up to premier membership so me and my players can make use of the private forum.

I have been with Dungeons & Dragons since the Red Box (Basic) and have been playing 3.5 for the last 4 or 5 years. I am presently designing a campaign based in the same setting as a 2nd Edition Campaign I ran many years ago. Last year I ran Expedition to the Demonweb Pits for my players and am using the newly designed "Shimring" campaign so people can play those characters again.

I only just discovered this forum recently and this is my first entry. I look forward to getting more involved and have already shared some conversation with a couple of fellow DMs. I'll be taking my time, as I am still a player in two campaigns presently running but hope to have mine ready for my players when one of those two campaigns winds down later this year.

OP seems to have both a brilliant electronic canvas and a useful and stimulating community, so once again I say "Hi!" and look forward to more conversation later.

twiggyleaf (aka Mark in Glasgow, Scotland)

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I just noticed that nobody ever greeted me when I first started out in Obsidian Portal. Boo-hoo! I will have to welcome myself now two years down the line:
    Welcome to OP, twiggyleaf. I'm sure you will find OP to be a great tool and will meet many well informed and well meaning DMs and players alike.

Good luck with all your ventures,
    yours sincerely,
    your future self

Inner Council Member

• DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    May I wish you a belated welcome?

Yes? ok.

Welcome Twigggy!

-DarkMagus
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Hey DM, thanks.
    See you around.
    twigs

Inner Council Member

• Feachador
    Feachador
    You should leave your past self some sage advice, like how to better run the game, or things you've learned over the past couple years, or at the very least some lottery numbers. Then you'll be rich!!
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    A good idea. But then I will have to wonder why I never listened to myself....

Inner Council Member

• Llowellen
    Llowellen
    But interesting to see how your campaign has grown in the meantime?

I'm in the position of your original self at the moment, I'm new and just setting up on OP. I'd love to know how to get more players onboard, that's the only thing I'm lacking!
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Llowellen, I cannot offer you good advice there, my friend. I started out already with a group that had been gaming together for the last five years. We pick up a few and drop a couple along the way, but there are about 4 of us that remain constant.

Inner Council Member

• tpmiller08
    tpmiller08
    Re-welcome!!! heh
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    What a disgrace, I can't believe no one welcomed Twigs to the Portal. Well, a bit late on the take, I too would like to say, glad to have you in the community bud; I know my experience here has been much enriched by your friendship.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    I wasn't using the Portal actively back then so I have an excuse. A belated welcome anyway! Nice that there is someone around who has been gaming about as long as I have. I believe the technical term (at least on Planewalker) is "greybeard."

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Ditto Arsheesh. And Loki, I still shave but if I didn't I'm sure there would definitely be some grey hairs in that beard. If I looked hard enough in those tangled locks, I might even find one of those little dice that you had to colour in yourself with a crayon.....

Input from both of you most appreciated.

twigs

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Welcome Twiggy, from one fairly new guy... We crazies that run campaigns with gods need to stick together.
    I, for one, did not get involved with the forums until I was comfortable with my site and was nominated for a featured campaign. I think that more should be made of the forums and how great the community is. I personally would be still with a basic site if it had not been for Arsheesh. Chainsaw's help page is where he sent me, and that really started it rolling. Then there are the guys who answer questions at 2 am Pacific, like Justin Mason. The inspirations, like Govaga, Lodestar, Spelljoined, Wyrmshadow, etc (and of course the previous 3 mentioned by dm/gm name). This is an amazing place, and so few know!!
    Victor

"A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Thanks for the welcomes tpmiller and killervp. You are right about the forums, KVP. All of the people you mentioned are worthy of accolades and those sites have all been inspiration to me as well.

twigs

Inner Council Member