Who needs to be ascendant member?

Praesi
Praesi
edited June 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
Hi everyone,
it's always said that only the GM has to be an ascendant member, and all the players benefit from his membership.
Can anyone in the party be the ascendant member? Or MUST the GM be that party member?
I started a campaign, and in the settings I am the GM. Our 'real' GM has just signed up, and I`d like to promote him as GM.
When I buy an ascendant membership and am no longer the GM in the Campaign settings - will there be any problem?

Hm, I hope you understand what I try to say...

Thx,
Praesi

Comments

• freyja3120
    freyja3120
    As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter. I'm an ascendant member, and I have one game that I'm only a player in. The forums tab, which, unless something has changed, is purely for ascendant members, is up and working. I would consider waiting for a second opinion, though, if you've put in a lot of work in purely ascendant areas, (forums, size/number of maps, etc.)
  • Praesi
    Praesi
    That sounds good to me, freyja! There's no stuff in the ascendant areas yet. So, I think I'll give it a try. In worst case I would have to promote the real GM as co-GM on the board. Should be no problem, and I'd really love to have especially the forums and the email-notification features.
    Thank you for replying!
    Post edited by Praesi on
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Only problem then is that you as a player see the GMs view - everyone's secrets on display. Not sure what would be a functional workaround.

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Actually going through this now. ALL Ascendant features are keyed as GM only!!! I am a player in a game, and had to make the GM a co-GM to allow him to use the calendar, email, etc... When we set him as GM none of the features worked, even with me as a co-GM.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt

Just trying to help out.

• allinonemove
    allinonemove
    it would be nice if ascendant privileges were granted on a *campaign* vs. DM basis.
    for example, as a player in campaign X and Y where neither DM's have ascended, if i were to upgrade that would open up the options for the players and DMs in those campaigns.
    that way, it's only necessary for one person per campaign to have a pay account, but anyone can pay.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    I understand your concerns- however I do not see this changing. The campaign I referred to above is done- only 4 months. I doubt people want to sign up for multiple short term memberships.

Just trying to help out.