"Well Connected" Badge

Nehebkau
Nehebkau
edited June 2011 in General Archive
Hello everyone,

I was looking at a recent friend request and realized I was racking up a fair number of friends - suppose I write a lot for some of my games or something. Either way I got to thinking "Is there a badge for XX number of friends" so I prowled around looking at profiles and found, no, there is none. While I can see the negative impact of badge hunting leading to friend clutter, I also see how it could bring more community to OP and also encourage us to look into each others campaigns.

As a side thing I would make a plea that when people favorite campaigns that they try to leave a comment about the game on there, thanks all!

~Chris

Comments

• Dyluth
    Dyluth
    I'm all for the well connected badge in some form or another, anything to encourage further networking here on OP is always a plus!:)
  • AnthonyDluzak
    AnthonyDluzak
    And a badge for slaying a Tarasque single handedly would be pretty sweet too....

(I am joking, btw) :)
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Hm, well, as much as I share your desire to see a more active community here Christopher, to be honest I don't think that a merit badge for obtaining friends is the best way to go about doing that. I worry that, as with some other forms of social media, this might rather encourage a state of affairs whereby people "collect friends" out of a desire for something (e.g. status) other than genuine friendship.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    I agree with Arsheesh, and would like to add isn't friendship a better reward than any little badge anyways? :)
  • Dyluth
    Dyluth
    Indeed, now that I give this idea some real thought, I would hate to see friend collecting here on OP become a problem. Perhaps with a bit of tweeking the idea can still be viable without resulting in friend collecting at the same time, though I admit I haven't the foggiest how to do that. I will leave this discussion then to smarter people than me!:)
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    I don't need a badge to tell me if I have friends, nor do I need the prospect of an award to procure them...but to each his own, I guess. I'm with Dark.