Hey everyone!

tpmiller08
tpmiller08
edited May 2011 in Player Lounge
New to the site, new to 4E, old to DnD (since 2nd edition)

I'm addicted to this site. I started working on my campaign, and I just can't stop. Great work guys!

Comments

• Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Post a link if you're site is ready for people to check out an comment on...no one here is going to tear it apart or anything, only constructive comments and props, generally, and feel free to ask for tips on stuff, especially if you see something you like on another user's pages, people around here are eager to share.

Oh, and welcome, also.
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    Welcome to the Portal, *tpmiller08*.

It's one of my favorite time-sinks.

Mike aka Black Vulmea
    "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/le-ballet-de-l-acier - swashbuckling adventure in the age of the Three Musketeers and Captain Alatriste
  • tpmiller08
    tpmiller08
    http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shadowfell-campaign - premade adventure with my own style added.

I have all the H tier adventures. To add some flavor, and make them my own, I'm going to make it a psuedo-horror campaign. Where in the first adventure 'Keep on the Shadowfell', random 'call of cthulu' type events will occur. The plotline for those events won't even develop until around level 5 or 6, in hopes of building suspense.

I mention this because it's not mentioned on the site at all. I begin running the campaign this Saturday, and it's my first 4E campaign. So the the site is pretty bare bones. That considered, it could definitely use some critique =)

I'm going to be running for 9 players (rough, I know), but I put in house rules for speeding the game up. I'm concerned about the 'House Rules' section of the campaign, feeling like I'm being too demanding of my players. Please give me any advice you have on them, the whole campaign in general, and anything you would add.

Thanks Poutine and Vulmea!
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Hey welcome to the Portal TPMiller! Unfortunately I've got a bunch on my plate this morning and don't have time to check out your site, but I'll definitely check it out in the days to come. Glad to here that you are enjoying the Portal. It's a fabulous tool and the community here at the forums is really tight as well. Good luck on running your new campaign.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Greetings TPMiller and welcome to OP!
  • tpmiller08
    tpmiller08
    Thanks guys! =)
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Oooh, good luck running a party of 9! Poor Rigel got inspired to run a "campaign":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/tngas and ended up with nine players. Though everyone involved is aware that the sessions will happen when they happen, and any absentees will simply be accounted for in the plot.
  • tpmiller08
    tpmiller08
    First session ran great, and the party got A LOT accomplished. I was surprised how smooth everyone worked together. I made the mistake of allowing a half-orc in the party and allowing 4 dwarves in the party that put in their history that they despise orcs. I let it go (with a few secret contingencies just in case it got ugly) and eventually they put aside their petty squabbles in view of the larger picture. Besides me missing that potentially critical mismatch, the night went perfect.
    This site helped a bunch with keeping everything organized =) Take a look at my campaign and let me know if there is anything you would do to change it. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shadowfell-campaign
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Hi tpmiller and welcom to OP.

On reading of your dwarves and orc in the party, I am reminded of how we sometimes have to remember to guide players towards the understanding that they are working together in a party, which overrides racial hatred, alignment difference and general dislike of various classes or races. In real life (as in game life) we sometimes need to put these dislikes/hatreds aside in order to live comfortably in our environments and achieve what we need to. So, I am glad that your dwarves and orc managed to put aside their petty squabbles! Keep up the good work.

twiggyleaf

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member