I exist

Duskreign
Duskreign
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
I know it might seem like I'm ignoring you, or that I've abandoned my community, but I need you all to know that my heart never left. I haven't had a lot of time to devote to my Obsidian Portal wikis, and I am embarrassed to admit it, but I haven't known how to get started back into all this. A big part of me wants to start from scratch. Duskreign 2.0, if you will. I feel like I've left so much unsaid and undone here that, honestly, to try to pick up where I left off would be really uncomfortable. I know I'm not making much sense, but to those that know me, that have missed me, and have said as much, I want you to know that I've missed you too. I love Obsidian Portal. I am sorry I've had no time for this wonderful website, and that my real life issues have caused me to stray so very far from the virtual world to which I feel so very much at home.

Love and respect to you all,

Duskreign

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Dusk! Great to see you again buddy! Life comes first, man but you'll always have place of honor to come back to here at the Portal. No need to feel squeamish about jumping back in, we're just happy to see you again.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    I think that crazy church radio guy had it wrong, this Saturday isn't Armageddon, its PIEmageddon! And duskreign is its prophet!

Seriously though, good to have you back man! I've been a bit busy/distracted lately and feel like I spend much less time in front of a screen, for better and worse, it happens to us all. I hope all is well and look forward to good discussions/jokes, and general duskreign awesomeness.

DarkMagus
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Good to "see" you, Dusk. And welcome back. I'm sure no one thought that you'd abandoned your post...just eagerly awaited your return.
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Great to see you back, whether it is the 1.0 or 2.0 version of the Reign of Dusk it is a welcome one!
    Post edited by Dungeon_Master_Loki on

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• gnunn
    gnunn
    I feel you Dusk. I too have been totally absent around these parts lately. Mostly because I've been dealing with an adventure that I thought would take a month, but which is stretching to three. Since its all planned, I've been letting my thoughts wander to non-game activities. Also major work deadlines.... Life comes first.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Welcome back, and hug-availability!

Some folks might think coming back would be like riding a bicycle. I think this will be more like having ridden a bicycle, and then disappearing for a few months to dissassemble the bike and make a Harley with the parts. =)
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Hey Dusk! Good to see you around again. Do whatever it takes. We never shut the curtains on this portal, I'd wager.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• gaaran
    gaaran
    Oh hey Dusk! I saw this a bit ago, and meant to come back and say hey... but I forgot. :P Good to hear from you again, and know that we're not gonna hold it against you if you have to live real life. I know we all try to avoid it from time to time, but you gotta do what you've gotta do. Good to have your voice back!
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    You have been assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Mike aka Black Vulmea
  • Dyluth
    Dyluth
    Dusk sir you don't owe anyone an explanation for having to take care of things outside of OP. You have a life to take care of and it sounds like that's exactly what you've been doing, so do what you need to do my friend and don't waste a minute worrying.

I'll be eagerly reading your adventure logs and wiki's as always whenever your able to update them just the same:)