Can you make dynamic sheets GM only?

WadeL
edited April 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
I'd like to be able to publish public profiles for my NPCs on the campaign page, but I don't want the players to be able to see the dynamic sheets. Is there a way to hide the dynamic sheets from the players yet still let them see the bio and the rest?

Comments

• JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Hey WadeL,

I'm by no means an expert, but I don't see any method for doing that directly. So, let me present three possible alternatives:

1. Mirrored Characters: Make two versions of the character, one public with bio and fluff and one GM Only with the full character sheet.

2. Stat Block instead of character sheet: Write/type up a stat block for the character based on a character sheet and paste it into the GM Only section. You might also use some kind of NPC generator to streamline the process, but I'm not familiar with any good ones for Deadlands or ORE.

3. Player Secrets: This would be the inverse of option 2. Make the whole character GM Only, and put bio and fluff in a Player Secrets section which is shared with all players. The downside is that it wouldn't be public to anyone outside the campaign, but that may not really matter. Also, I'm not really sure if Player Secrets work that way - I haven't had call to use them yet.

Anyway, I hope that helps!

-JV
    Post edited by JonathonVolkmer on