Hi From West Texas

Cernig
Cernig
edited April 2011 in Player Lounge
Hi there, I'm Steve Hynd aka Cernig and just been intro'd to Obsidian Portal. I'm a long-time rpg player - started with DnD back in 1982 and I'm currently running mostly GURPS campaigns with a side salad of Cyberpunk2020. I've a regular group of my 2 teen sons and two of their freinds but the more the merrier. I'm starting on OP with my Gurps modern urban fantasy setting, Beyond The Veil - a hotchpotch of Laurel K Hamilton, Charlie Stross, Gurps Cabal, Call of Cthulhu and World of Darkness ideas. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/btv

Comments

• PartyPanda
    PartyPanda
    Welcome to OP!

~The PP
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Hey there Cernig, welcome to the Portal!

I did a brief once over of your site. I've never played GURPS before myself, but I've heard nothing but good things about the system. As for your campaign, modern supernatural horror combined with evil corporate syndicates and a massive cover up sounds like a great idea to me! I wish you and your new group all the best in your campaign.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Hi Cernig

Welcome to OP.
    Nice illustration on your site, and like Arsheesh I'm sure your blend of horror, supernatural and corporate baddies will create a real banquet for your players.

Twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Hey there Cernig! Welcome to OP!
  • Dyluth
    Dyluth
    Welcome to the community there Cernig, I've never played GURPS before either but your site is pretty interesting. I also love how you've thrown in RPG players into the same sentence as punks, the down and outs, the eccentric and conspiracy buffs. I've actually played with people who fit all of those categories in one!

I'm definitely going to look forward to following the action as the Veil comes crumbling down.
  • Cernig
    Cernig
    Thanks, folks. A warm welcome indeed! The campaign's been running about a year before it came to OP so the characters are pretty well advanced, but we always play Monday nights so I'll be putting up a "story so far" for the current mission before then.

To those who haven't played 4th edition GURPS, I'd heartily recommend it. I've played and GM'd ADnD, GammaWorld, Star Frontiers, CoC, CP2020 over the years and I can do all of those in GURPS, and more. At some stage I'll post wikis for my "Sol Invictus" space opera setting and my high-fantasy world and you'll see what I mean.
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    Welcome to the Portal.

Mike aka Black Vulmea
    "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/le-ballet-de-l-acier - swashbuckling adventures in the age of the Three Musketeers and Captain Alatriste