Is it possible to upload a picture to the wiki?

Yuven
Yuven
edited April 2010 in Campaign Portal Building
Is it possible to upload a picture to the wiki? If a have a city map i want to upload to the towns wiki, how can i do that?

Comments

• JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I know you can add images through HTML to the wiki, I've been given a lot of help with that recently in fact. As far as direct uploads, I think if you're the GM you can upload single images for the character and item pages, but I am unsure on the wikis.

There are many guides available in "this thread":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1114 though.

Good Luck!
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Yup. When editing a wiki page, click the little picture icon on the right of the tool bar.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Haha, I swear you do not sleep!
  • vstraydogstrutv
    vstraydogstrutv
    Chainsaws NEVER sleep!
  • Yuven
    Yuven
    Thanks for the help :D
  • DiceMasterNick
    DiceMasterNick
    FYI: This discussion was started under the wrong category. Instead of Sight Announcements , probly belongs under "Help and Tips"
  • Dalor_Darden
    Dalor_Darden
    My problem is actually getting the pictures to upload! I hit and miss it seems for some reason.

As an example: on the 5th of April I was able to load two new pics; but then for some reason I wasn't able to load more...and I still haven't been able to get it to load more since then.

Please help.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    I see you are ascendant so that shouldn't be an issue. It might be a bug or a browser issue. I actually switched to FireFox when I was finding it impossible to upload pictures with IE (though this was after I had already used IE to upload many pictures so it seemed pretty random). What browser do you use?

I'm just guessing, I'm not an expert at this stuff. I know someone more knowledgeable will be along to help soon.
  • Dalor_Darden
    Dalor_Darden
    Well, I still have difficulty getting pictures to upload; but I did an end around and am just going to link from PhotoBucket.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    That will work too, although you should use a different service, like imgur.com, they're less picky about hotlinking, and allow more bandwidth for those hot links.
  • Beaumains
    Beaumains
    As I understand it, there's a data upload hardcap at 2MB/5MB depending on whether or not you are Ascendant.

I recently ran into a phenomenon where the system appeared to preserve an image after removing it from my uploads, but subsequent tests have revealed that this was a fluke (probably cache preservation). I think I'll be looking at external hosting options as image files tend to be quite large. It would be awesome if OP had a built in, or closely associated file-hosting site; or even just a bunch more storage space.