The ABility to Share Wiki Entries between campaigns

Dungeon_Master_Loki
Dungeon_Master_Loki
edited March 2011 in Feature Requests
You can already set a PC to be used as an NPC in another game. I would love to see this functionality extended to include Items, NPCs and Wiki entries. The same sort of pull down menu in the edit window would suit this admirably.

I run a series of linked campaigns, and have seen many others who do as well. This would be a massive help to all of us.

Thanks! You folks are doing a brilliant job!

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

Comments

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    This has been discussed in the past, and there are a number of complications - mostly revolving around editing rights. Only the owning player can edit a player character, so they're simple. Any player in the campaign can edit a wiki page though, which means that sharing wiki pages would need to address that. Could players of only the 'original' campaign edit it, or any players who are part of any campaign that includes it? Is there a complex permission system of some kind for allowing others to use your pages, or can you only include pages from campaigns owned by the same GM? If so, how is it handled when a campaign is handed off to a different GM?

All questions that _can_ be answered, but suffice to say, not a simple thing. That being said, I'd love to have it.
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    You can link using the url for any of your wiki pages right now, *DML*, the same way you would use Textile to link to an outside page.

Mike aka Black Vulmea
    "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/le-ballet-de-l-acier - swashbuckling adventures in the age of the Three Musketeers and Captain Alatriste
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    @Black Vlumea, I'm aware of that. Just looking for a faster easier way.

@Chainsaw- I'd say leave it so only the original campaign people can modify it, but it can be linked and seen in other games by the same DM.

I see what you mean about the permission issues, had not considered that. What I would like to see is an expansion of the sharability that PCs have so that you could share NPCs from campaign to campaign just as easily. It would not take much and would go a long way towards the functionality I'd desire without stepping into the morass of edit permissions.......

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!