GM Only Tab to write adventures and notes

jeffwarwick
jeffwarwick
edited March 2011 in Feature Requests
I would like to see a GM only tab. Right now I'm using the adventure log and checking GM only, but it clutters up that section. I would really like a GM only tab that is just another wiki/adventure log type section to create my adventures and GM notes that I want to be able to access, but never my players.

Thanks!
Jeff

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Jeff

I don't know if it helps but what I do is set up a series of threads from the DM Only section of the Main Wiki Page. I mark each of these pages as DM only, but I have easy visibility of the list of links by looking at the DM Only section in the Main Wiki Page. That way I don't get mixed up with the Visible to All and Partly Visible pages.

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    bq. I don
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Jeff, I do the same as Twiggy leaf, but I do agree that GM only TAB would be a great thing. I vote "Aye!"

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• cithaeron99
    cithaeron99
    I agree with the GM only tab. I was just looking at how to incorporate adventure notes into OP in a more useful way.... this would be it.
  • Voaraghamanthar
    Voaraghamanthar
    I want a tab like this, but with 10 text subfields each for notes and next to each of those, a subfield to enter books of reference, next to that, a place to enter the page number of that book. the notes text subfields should allow for at least 1000 text characters. my paragraphs can get somewhat long.

You need to setup a database of the different games you support on this site and a list of books that go with that game, then the user can select what game they are playing, subselect what book is being used for reference, and the page number box can just be 4 numerical characters.
    Post edited by Voaraghamanthar on
  • PartyPanda
    PartyPanda
    I agree that this would be pretty great, particularly what Voaraghamanthar suggested.
  • Beaumains
    Beaumains
    Agreed, I very much like the idea of a GM only tab - especially for those who er, uh, have limited background access.

Also like *Voaraghamanthar's* suggestion for a universal source book compendium. As it stands I'll probably be incorporating a page just devoted to reference books (for those who might be interested).