We need a nickname.

2»

Comments

• RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I now want some French Fried Portatoes...
  • Leahcim
    Leahcim
    poppers
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    OPerators...

Porticulates...

Port Authority...

Port Monkeys...
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    Well, remove the _faux_ French ending for Portalliers and you get Portalers, which isn't so bad.

Though Port Monkeys is probably pretty spot-on.
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    On a side note, I like Port Authorities as a nickname for the Powers That Be.
  • stardrive
    I offer "Obsids", or otherwise "Obsidians" if you don't like the sound of the short version. But I guess Obsidians would alread be in use if people were okay with a 4 syllable nickname.

"Obsidites" looks too much like obstinate, and isn't any shorter to type then the more euphonic "Obsidian". Other variations that came to mind like Obsidiacs just don't seem to be any better than Obsidians.

I would like with Portalites except there's other "portal" game sites out there, notably Rondak's, and the trouble with basing it on "OP"-- especially if you don't capitalize the P-- is that it might not be understood intuitively.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Hence my affection for OPites. I have a tendency to use different terms to describe the same thing all the time, anyway. The odds are strong that even if we all arrived at some sort of a consensus about this, I'd wind up calling us something different all the time anyway.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I think it varies based on the converstaion at hand. It struck me to refer to everyone on here as a "Widget", because everyone's really useful and helpful, and it fit the conversation.
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Oooh, ooh, stardrive, you gave me an idea! How do you all feel about *Sids*?

It kind of makes me think of the crazy kid from Toy Story, but otherwise no negative connotations come to mind.
    Post edited by JonathonVolkmer on
  • libranchylde
    libranchylde
    @Johnathon: Sids = Sudden Infant Death Syndrom. I think that's the worst negative connotation yet, especially for those, like me, who have or are expecting little ones. Otherwise I would have liked that one. lol
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Oh boy. Epic fail on my part.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Reminds me of the episode of South Park concerning how Jared from Subway really lost all that weight.