Campaign Ideas?

Davidsonofinga
Davidsonofinga
edited February 2011 in Player Lounge
Hello. I Am Davidsonofinga, a player in JimmyZombie's FIRST GROUP campaign (My character is Kazuurn), mildly autistic, and a 4th-Edition DM.

Which campaign seems better:
A: A gothic campaign
OR
B: An anime-inspired campaign

i cant decide which one i should run.

Comments

• RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    You can always run both - Gothic anime? It depends on what style your players are into!
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest. Perhaps something akin to Vampire Hunter D, or Bleach or Deathnote but set in a medieval world.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Or Catholic Schoolgirls Versus Zombies!

Personally, my involvement with anime extends about as far as occasionally volunteering to help out at the Games tables at A-Kon. I know just enough to fake it for the Shining Crystal Rescue Warriors campaign I'm in. So I really can't be very helpful here. Hence my attempt at being unhelpful. :)
  • igornappovich
    igornappovich
    Do you want super powered PCs? Anime.

Do you want lower powered PCs? Gothic.

Is combat the most important aspect of the gaming session? Anime.

Is atmosphere and roleplaying the most important aspect of the gaming session? Gothic.

Will there be lots of portals/ teleportations/ planets or worlds to visit? If yes, Anime. If no, Gothic.

Will there be technology in your world beyond swords and waterwheels? If yes, Anime. If no, Gothic.

anyway, hope this helps ! Obviously you could probably run a good campaign either style, but answering the above might help you decide.
  • UndeadKnight
    UndeadKnight
    I'm not huge into Anime either. I like the classics--Akira, Ghost in the Shell, etc--but I don't follow the newer stuff much. I think if you're players are cool with it, you can mix the two. Here's a good example of a mix: "Vampire Wars":http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=596. I think if your players want one or the other, you should follow igornappovich's example and ask yourself some questions about your campaign.
    Post edited by UndeadKnight on
  • Davidsonofinga
    Davidsonofinga
    confirmed: anime.
  • Chomsky2
    Chomsky2
    Characters are all archaeologists and delve into dungeons for patrons seeking artifacts of the past