ADDED - add 'older' & 'newer' buttons to AL view from PL

MythicParty
MythicParty
edited December 2007 in Feature Requests

Comments

• MythicParty
    MythicParty
    basically, have a way to go forward a log & back a log once you're looking at a specific Adevnture Log (AL) via the Page List view. i.e. I go to the Page List to see all the logs, then click on a log, but then can't go to the log previous or after that.

since the Page List currently has the Adventure Logs in the order that they were last edited instead of chronological order and does not list any dates, its not as easy to find what you're looking for.

if I have at least a rough idea, with the 'older/newer' buttons I can guesstimate the time, then search far easier from there.

Thank you for listening.

Steve G.
  • buhrger
    buhrger
    i was thinking about just going in and adding these to our AL, but it'd be *so* much easier if it could be automated.
  • Micah
    Micah
    So, if I'm getting this straight: each adventure log post would have links at the bottom, one to the previous post and one to the next? I assume this is to allow reading it in order without returning to the adventure log and going to the next one.

Seems like a good idea, and I've seen it on a lot of Wordpress blogs. I'll go ahead and add it to the list, although, as always, it might be a while ;)
  • MythicParty
    MythicParty
    Yup. It would help people get around and follow the story to make sure their edits are cohesive.

Steve G.
  • Figment
    Figment
    Yes, this would be great.
  • Micah
    Micah
    I'll see if I can get to this during the weekend. It shouldn't be too hard. No guarantees, though...
  • Micah
    Micah
    Just added it. I'll roll it out tonight.

Keep the suggestions coming.
  • Micah
    Micah
    It's out. Let me know if that's what you were thinking!
  • Figment
    Figment
    It's awesome. It even gives the title next to the Next and Previous buttons.
  • MythicParty
    MythicParty
    The title under the buttons is indeed a nice touch. And I'm pleased as punch to have been mentioned in the announcements section, but when you go to an Adventure Log via the Page List view, there aren't 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons. Having them in this view too, would help with navigation.
  • DMaple
    DMaple
    This is a really nice feature, nice suggestion and great implementation.
  • Figment
    Figment
    Inspired by the "Reverse Post Order":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/forums/3/topics/21 thread, what if the "Older and Newer Buttons":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/forums/3/topics/194 were improved to include "First" and "Latest" entry buttons as well?
  • MythicParty
    MythicParty
    Ala the buttons on a DVD player: those little arrows/triangles that let you go ahead or back a bit at a time- which would be the 'Older & Newer Buttons.' Or completely skip ahead or rewind a track which would be the idea that you can start from the very 1st post in a campaign or go ahead to the very latest. Jump around all over.