A Yearling just getting started

libranchylde
libranchylde
edited December 2010 in Player Lounge
Hey everyone,
Name is Libranchylde (libra + n + chylde). aka Kyle. been on OP for well over a year, but I am just getting really active on these forums. so I wanted to introduce myself.
I have been playing d&d since 2000 or so. mostly 3rd and 3.5 but also some 2nd, castles & crusades, and a little white wolf.

soooo... yea. hi. feel free to befriend me. just don't behead me for the unfinished look of my campaign, I haven't had a lot of time to work on it. plus my group had been wishy washy this last year, haven't actually played in months. hoping to get a few last games in the next couple months, as I will not get to play for quite a while starting in may (im going to be a first time dad!)

Comments

• Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Welcome, and congratulations on your upcoming change. I just had my first this year, so I know how difficult (nay, impossible) it is to continue your old ways, like gaming even on a semi-regular basis.

Trust me when I say that no one here will look negatively on an unfinished-looking campaign...even the greatest of them had to start somewhere. Nothing but confidence building here, my friend. (pretty much, but there's a fair bit of shenanigans and fun to be had for no real reason except that it's fun, as well)

These forums are also a fantastic way to develop your campaign(s) as well, as the people here are always happy to lend a hand, whether in advice, personal experience, coding help, or whatever else you might find yourself needing (that is within their abilities, anyway).

See you around the Portal, and again...welcome.
  • libranchylde
    libranchylde
    Thanks Poutine. I've noticed you and Dusk Reign are among the most vocal and helpful on these forums. I believe you both have written on other threads I've started/taken part of.
    and congratulations to you on yours. boy or girl?
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Greetings and welcome to the forums, I have seen you around, but proper hellos are nice. :)

And I guess congrats to you both are due. :)
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Boy, Sven, 8 months almost.

Everyone here is helpful in their own way...but yeah, Dusk is definitely a pretty big part of a lot of the awesome that happens around the forums (as well as a pretty big part of the shenanigans, which I guess is actually included in the awesome). There'll be others around frequently as well, and their help is always generously given and, well...helpful, I guess. Gnunn, Arsheesh, Rase, Gaaran, just off the top of my head (list is extensive), all are abundantly knowledgeable and fun members of the community.
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    By the way, Dark is definitely on that list, too. But I'm not going to keep updating it...you'll find out yourself that everyone here is great.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    I like this list you have put me on Poutine :P. And welcome to you Libra! I'm sure you've seen the standard welcome speech by now, that we're all eager to help, hope you like it here, yadda yadda... so I'll skip all that and just say welcome, good to have you around the forums :).
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Heehee, I heard my name! Or saw it....

ahem...

Anyway, HI LIBRANCHYLDE!

I am glad to see that you have decided to join the Forumers!
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Welcome Libranchlyde, glad to meet you. Also, congratulations to both you and P.Paladin! Fatherhood is one adventure that I have not yet undertaken, but I am happy for you guys.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Oh-no! I'm on another list!

I didn't do it I swear.
  • Everdark
    Everdark
    Well, it looks like Poutine pretty much covered it all in the beginning. I'll just concur with what he said and say...

Sup, dude? Welcome to the Obsidian Portal community. Enjoy!
    Post edited by Everdark on
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Welcome to the community! I like this list that's going around, but it's fairly extensive. I've yet to meet a forumgoer whose jib wasn't cut to my liking! I'm sure you'll fit it in mighty fine.
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Welcome to the forums lnc! As you almost certainly already know, if you have a question, ask here and you will be inundated by solutions. And possibly puns. Best to wear a helmet, if you ask me.

But welcome nonetheless!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Rase, everyone has to go to a jib salon to have their jibs properly trimmed before entering this place.

And J-Vol's right. Helmet, dude. Helmet.

And a few changes of underthings.
  • libranchylde
    libranchylde
    LMAO guys . good to see everyone here shares my sense of humor!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I was only kidding about the jibs.
  • libranchylde
    libranchylde
    why? everyone could use a good jib trimming every now and then...
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Wow. That sounded very, very dirty.

Awesome.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Would that make younglings who start at OP Jiblets? Ones who have not come into full Jib yet?
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    After reading where this thread has gone since last I looked, I had a brief moment - just an instant, really - where I wished that I had initially suggested a *sound-proof* helmet. Then I remembered that I was reading.

On a side note, I can't think about Jiblets right now...so hungry...
  • Dyluth
    Dyluth
    Congratulations on the spectacular news fellow gamer and welcome to the world of GM'ing!
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    Hallooo Libran! Like you, I also waited nearly a year between joining OP and really getting rolling on my site. Don't worry, down the line, people will just think you're more old-school than you actually are! :P
  • libranchylde
    libranchylde
    the older folks would be jibberwokies (see jabberwocky).
  • libranchylde
    libranchylde
    Dyluth: thank you. I am not new to GM'ing. just new to the forums.
  • gancis
    gancis
    Anyone here living near Manhattan and interested in joining a once a month game?
  • libranchylde
    libranchylde
    not me in afraid. im pretty much as far away as possible with in the continental united states. lol
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Libranchylde hello! (Talk to the hand!)

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member