There was an error in editting your page

AidanDark
AidanDark
edited December 2007 in Bug Reports

Comments

• AidanDark
    AidanDark
    hey Micah I just got this error and it won't let me update the player wiki. It keeps giving me the error when I try and edit a page (obviously, haha)
  • Micah
    Micah
    Working now? We've had some hiccups recently, but we've stamped them out as fast as they occur.
  • AidanDark
    AidanDark
    Yep :) I tried the next day and the same problem did not occur. Though it seems that the site is running a bit slower the past few days. Has there been increased traffic or is it just my connection?
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    It's not just your connection. It's working slow on both my laptop and my Wii browser (yes, I'm the sort of nerdy loser who does that sort of thing.)
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    bq. Working now? We’ve had some hiccups recently, but we’ve stamped them out as fast as they occur.

Note to self: *Never* go to Micah for a cure for hiccups.
  • Micah
    Micah
    bq. Note to self: Never go to Micah for a cure for hiccups.

Ha, that's the truth.

I've noticed the slowness as well. I'm not sure what's going on, but we're looking into it.
  • Micah
    Micah
    Still not sure what's causing the slowness in particular, but I did find that I had left one major performance optimization disabled. I've re-enabled it now, so we'll have to see if anything improves.
  • AidanDark
    AidanDark
    still pretty slow for me (but thankfully still useable!)
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Heh - this last time I did updates to the EY, I was at a different computer, so I just blamed the machine instead of the website. =)
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    I'm on a work machine, which uses IE7 and a broadband connection, but OP loads horribly. At home, on a wireless card cascading off of something else using Firefox everything loads smoothly. Don't know if that helps any.

[edit] Since this post, the site has made me a liar =/ Things are really slow ;x
  • Micah
    Micah
    We know about the problems and have a fix ready to deploy. We'll be rolling it out on Sunday night, after a little more testing.

See more updates here: http://forums.obsidianportal.com/forums/2/topics/223
  • Micah
    Micah
    There should be a lot fewer of these errors now, and the slowness should be greatly improved.

Thanks for the bug reports!