'Spoiler Tags'

Davidb_S
Davidb_S
edited November 2010 in Campaign Portal Building
I am trying to get more use out of my campaign forum, by starting a play-by-post session. I noticed how other forums have code that allows 'Spoiler Tags' to be used. I have tried to emulate what those forums are doing, but the code doesn't seem to translate to Textile very well (I am guessing), even though it looks like HTML to me.

I CAN use the highlight spoiler method, but if I have large blocks of text, that won't do:

CAUTION: Spoiler warning! Use your mouse and click and drag over the block of gray to reveal the spoiler.
This is for YOUR eyes ONLY!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    The code you posted is probably your best bet at the moment. Since you can't put java script into your wiki (for various and valid security reasons), you won't be able to do the nicer 'collapsing box' style of spoilers.
  • Davidb_S
    Davidb_S
    Wow, I would have never thought it was a security risk to put java script in our wikis. Thats interesting as well as too bad.
    Thanks for the quick response.
  • Curufea
    Curufea
    Likewise you can't collapse/hide or display with CSS either because you can't access the head area of the website. Pseudo-classes (such as :hover) can't be declared in styles in the body of a website, only in the head.
  • LonePaladin
    LonePaladin
    So, there's no way to do a collapse/expand feature? Some parts of my campaign's wiki would really benefit from having that. [sad-face]