Campaign Default Formatting

Alatheon
Alatheon
edited October 2010 in Feature Requests
Maybe this has been suggested before (I'd bet money that it has), but it seems like it would be really nice to have an option to set the default font for a whole campaign to something other than Times New Roman.

I realize that different browsers and different systems will recognize (or not) different fonts, but maybe a drop down on the campaign settings menu with 5 or 6 different options would work. It's not the biggest or most pressing issue, but it would be nice to provide an easy way to tweak your appearance to fit the tone of your setting a little more.

While I'm on the subject, a few choices for default background and text color could be cool too.

I know diddly-poop about writing code. How hard would something like this be?

Comments

• JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Not sure, but it only takes one line of the appropriate HTML on each page to set the formatting.

I use this on Ronin and Into The Breach:

That's black background, white text. I use other tags to add in border background graphics and offset the text from the borders, but that's the basics there.

So this:

Yadda Tadda Ladda Boo

Big giant ass paragraph that says nothing in reality but illustrates the padding of text away from the borders on the obsidian portal wiki pages to keep things even and nice looking without running into walls and making the text too hard to read for normal people it is five forty pm and friday night and game time is in two hours yippee....
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    "Will give you this.":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/intothebreach/wikis/test3
  • Alatheon
    Alatheon
    Thanks, that does get the job done, but I'm thinking it would be nice to have the ability to implement a formatting change without having to edit every individual page. While I'm sure "my wiki":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dragonbone-kingdoms/wikis/main-page has got nothing on longer-running campaigns, that's still quite a few pages to edit.
    A drop down menu to establish a blanket default setting for the whole campaign would handle this without needing to edit each page individually, with the added bonus of confirming that the specific fonts on the list will work -without needing to consult a different page for a list of commonly acceptable fonts.
    Just a thought, but I think it would do a lot to make different campaigns more distinct (unless everybody picks the same font anyway)
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I tend to just save the codes like that in notepads, and whenever I make a new wiki page, that's the first thing in.

It helps if you have a concept in mind before you make a lot of pages.