Hello

Necronomitron
Necronomitron
edited September 2010 in Player Lounge
Hey all. I'm "new" to OP. I signed up about a year and a half ago but that was right about the time that my gaming kinda quited down. But now we're getting ready to ramp up and I'm getting my feet wet in Pathfinder with their Price of Immortality trilogy of modules.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all on how to make my campaign sites look great and discussing gaming.

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Welcome to the Portal Necronomitron!

Yea, I always like to see more Pathfinder representation here at the Portal. As far as tips on building your campaign go, have you taken a look at Chainsaw's "Totally Unofficial Helps & Tips FAQ":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1114&page=1#Item_28? There's tons of helpful info located there on how to fully utilize Textile in building your site. Another suggestion would be simply to take a peak at the most popular OP campaigns located on the Campaign's page. You can glean a lot of ideas just be watching how others have set up their site. I would also suggest posting a link to your new site once you've gotten it established. There are a lot of helpful people here at the forums that will check it out and give you constructive feedback. Finally, feel free to ask any questions you like, and someone here will no doubt be able to give you an answer. Have fun building your site!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    I have to agree with arsheesh - more Pathfinder players means a better chance of a Dynamic Character Sheet being made.

I haven't played the Price of Immortality modules - I'm currently playing a Ranger in Rise of the Runelords, and will begin GMing Kingmaker in 2011.

Welcome to OP!
  • sandman
    sandman
    Welcome Necronomitron! This community if full of great and helpful people, so don't hesitate to post your questions right here on the forums.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I love the gaming rebound, Necronomitron. I've been there many-a-time myself. This site has been instrumental in keeping me hopelessly addicted to making pewpew noises and playing with tiny dolls and weird-shaped dice.

If you need help, any help, shoot me a message. I'm usually a lot less stupid than I've been in this post (okay, a LITTLE less stupid).

"Duskreign":http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/Duskreign

"Wyrmshadow Campaign Setting":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic
  • Necronomitron
    Necronomitron
    Thanks guys! You've got some great looking sites. Sometimes I lose sight of the forest for the trees though. I want to make my sites look just as great as all of yours and lose sight of the game, lol. I think I'm going to set up a dummy campaign just to try new things out. I see all this coding and I just kind of zone out.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    The Coding is a bit intimidating, at first. Then, once you get the hang of it, it's a snap! And everyone here is really knowledgable and helpful. And Don't let Dusk Fool you. It's all a carefully designed act to lull you into a false sense of security, and then *BAM* he's super-helpful. :)
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    At first I was >:( but then I lolled.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Not designed to invoke >:( at all! My apologies Dusk! I'm currently infusing some Vodka with skittles... You're more than welcome to have some if it'll help you forgive my lack of tact!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    lol, I was being facetious, Rasey, ol' buddy!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Just making sure! Offer still stands... the Orange skittle is delicious!
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    Rase, does the orange skittle make for a faux screwdriver?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    It does... and it'll make a real screwdriver much orangier. I've been tinkering around with various cocktail ideas recently... I'd like to cobble together an addition to my signature "Ninja Turtle", which is quite delicious (A screwdriver made with Alize, which produces a lovely green color.) I want to make individual variants, e.g. the Donatello, Raphael, etc... But I worry that I won't be able to float the vodka on top of the pre-existing drink.
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    We've been drinking a shot called a _Wounded Dragon_ when we game. It's equal parts chilled Vodka and Midori, with Grenadine layered to give the illusion of _blood_. It's quite yummy, as well as being very apropos of fantasy-based role-playing.

edited to add: Oh, and we drink a _Bloody Brain_ when we play Cthulhu. Seems apropos as well.
    Post edited by FrankSirmarco on
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Quite excellent! I shall have to give that a try sometime. ..I'd love to do a compilation of Roleplaying inspired drinks, complete with images! I think that would be proper fun.
  • Grokkit
    Grokkit
    Don't forget your Jones' spellcasting sodas folks! (just google it) These can mix with your spirit of choice too... plus they are great to break out during your game.

My players were blown away when I brought them out.

And of course, welcome aboard Necronomitron.

Currently Running: "Return of the Lich Queen":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/eberron-return-of-the-lich-queen
    Post edited by Grokkit on
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Greetings Necromitron. Nice name.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Rase, PM me, nother project idea brewing. You have an Ascendant membership?
  • Neithan
    Hi Necromitron,

Any interest or experience in playing a DnD 4e campaign? If so, let me know or check out the Lands of Hanen.