Looking for Volunteers!

JimTriche
JimTriche
edited October 2010 in General Archive
A while ago I was cleaning out a closet and found an old book. It inspired me to try something on OP here and after a couple days I realized it was gonna be a really big project. I recruited help. It's a bigger still project than thought, and has so much potential that after a month of thinking, planning and thought, we've decided to make it public and try to grab some volunteers to test, add to and develop this project more fully.

It's called RONIN, and is set in the Shadowrun universe. It's the story of a man who seems to have some pretty rotten luck.

Our goal is to flesh out some story arcs and at least 4-6 endings.

"Give it a try to see what I'm babbling about here.":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/ronin

Thoughts and ideas welcome!

Give me or Duskreign a message if you wanna be added to the campaign directly!

Comments

• JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Oh, this is the type of book I was referring to:

"Endless Quest":http://www.gamebooks.org/gallery/eq1-06.jpg

"Super Endless Quest":http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060520162018/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/c/ca/SuperEndlessQuest.jpg/260px-SuperEndlessQuest.jpg
    Post edited by JimTriche on
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    The best CYOA book I ever read had you guiding little Timmy to the dentist, discovering an alien plot to steal all the world's water, and eventually beat the overlord computer in charge of the aliens' nuclear weapons in a game of chance, shorting its logic circuitry (of course! lol) and saving the world.

Or getting an infection from a root canal early on and spending the rest of the book in bed, watching these events transpire on tv.

I love CYOA.
  • Curufea
    Curufea
    I'm more of an IF (interactive fiction) fan myself.

I don't have the time for the creative writing needed for CHYOA
    But if you want coding help I can do that.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Curu, playtesting help would also suffice :)
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    It absolutely would, also, might end up being a fine line in difference. I admit to much Infocom influence.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    I feel bad, I had a good run working on an arc, but left it hanging for a few weeks now. I've been way to busy lately getting my applications to grad school set up, and I'm still in the early stages of the process. I promise to return shortly, if nothing else to finish the arc I was working on.

And yeah, people should check it out, Ronin is pretty bad ass. :)
  • Embirsiphone
    Embirsiphone
    Yeah I volunteered for this but then got distracted with a BUNCH of other stuff, BUT I'm still planning on working on something work hopefully soon if you'd like Jim.. I just had a busy month, my brother was home and his newest squeeze is a psycho... that was time consuming enough really. I have a question though for the arc should be just right it as a short story that has a series of choices or do we have to write something for each available decision? I used to read this when I was younger but as much as I love books I never really thought about how you'd write one out..
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    A combination, just write what you can -- the hardest part is making sure you don't break the mood or contradict earlier events.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    YAY we got a total of... one....

Where is everyone?!
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I'm here! My Sci-fu is just rubbish at the moment. I can't think of any other images that need mocked up after the Matchsticks: that seemed the most obvious to me, but I ran out of ideas real fast :(
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Anything that has a really short entry can use something just to make the page more interesting. Dark multidoor hallway for the band area or the scene where the sound guy is shot, for example. Also any end game scenes could use something I think, but a lot of those will require some more original artwork.