Jumping in...

Alatheon
Alatheon
edited October 2010 in Player Lounge
Greetings OP People, I'd like to take a minute to introduce myself and my campaign, The Dragonbone Kingdoms.

I've been running RPG's for a long time (so I think I'm pretty proficient with that aspect of the site), but I've never been good at staying particularly active on interweb forum whatzits. However, I'm liking a lot of what I've found on this site, and I just have to say cheers to the wizards behind this thing.
World-building is one of my favorite parts of running a game, so I love having the ability to create an easy-to-navigate chronicle of the world my players and I are creating. I've tried running a campaign as a Facebook group, and it is just very limited, so it is terrific to have these tools available.

Thanks for making this incredible resource and community (unlike so many forums I've tried to get into, the discussions here seem pretty on-topic and respectful -a novelty in my opinion), and I invite you all to take a look at my wiki. I'd love some feedback!

Comments

• Grokkit
    Grokkit
    Welcome aboard Alatheon!

You have joined a great community and tapped into an amazing resource for gaming.

Good luck and enjoy!

"Return of the Lich Queen":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/eberron-return-of-the-lich-queen
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    Welcome to the party, Alatheon. You've come to the right place.
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Welcome Alatheon, you are in good company! Throw up a link to your site and share your world with the rest of us.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Welcome welcome, if you're looking for ideas for your site, i recommend perusing the popular campaigns lists. And if you need to know how to do something, don't hesitate to ask any of us, we're all eager to help. we were all new to the site at one time, and if it wasn't such an awesome community, we wouldn't still be here :).
  • Alatheon
    Alatheon
    I suppose a link would be helpful, huh?

Here's my URL:
    "Dragonbone Kingdoms":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/dragonbone-kingdoms
    Post edited by JimTriche on
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Welcome aboard! I agree with everything said by my forebrothers before me (So sue me, I feel like being redundant today), with the exception being Gaaran: It is the most awesomer community ever, and I'm always new to this site all the time. :)
  • Vandor
    Vandor
    I'm definitely liking it here, also.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Welcome Alatheon. That "Smokeblade" of yours is a nice weapon!

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Alatheon
    Alatheon
    Thanks, I'm pretty proud of it.
    One of the challenges with my campaign is that I've established that magic items are pretty uncommon, so almost every enchanted item the party comes across is more than just a plain-old bonus. I'm also adding items like armor and weapon that give an enhancement bonus due to special materials or alchemical processes rather than magic. *Darksteel Chainmail* is functionally identical to *+1 Chainmail*, but fits the economy of the game as I've established it.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Greetings and welcome aboard Alatheon!

I also LOVE world building. Its a great creative outlet, well at least when I have the spare time for it. I found the experience a little different but still very fun using OP instead of a notebook. Hope to see you around the forums.

"DarkMagus":http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/DarkMagus
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    In creating my campaign, I found the whole WIKI system very useful, but since we play in a community hall that has no Wi-fi, I have had to print everything off onto two books as well. I sometimes miss not being able to access everything I need to during play, but I have enough to go on.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member