Limiting information based on player within same campaign?

Comments

• Matt Taylor
    Matt Taylor
    I would like to limit information specific to certain player backgrounds in my campaign.

For instance, I don't really want my human or elven Players knowing every bit of history or knowledge that would be available to my dwarven players.

One way to do it is to create sub-campaigns for each racial or regional information bank, and then invite players to each sub-campaign as needed but that seems tedious.

Is there a way to set more specific access to certain pages?
  • Figment
    Figment
    There has been some discussion about possible solutions here: http://forums.obsidianportal.com/forums/3/topics/620
  • Matt Taylor
    Matt Taylor
    Ah! Thanks for the link. :)
  • Mortuis
    Mortuis
    Can we get an update to this link? The url scheme seems to have changed and I'm not sure what title to search for. I'd love to be able to do this as well.
  • Everdark
    Everdark
    I think my best suggestion would be to leave the information you don't want known out of the wiki until the player characters learn it. The information that you want the dwarves, per say, to know but not the elves, just personal tell/explain to the person playing the dwarf character.
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I think that's the best solution temporarily. The only other way I would see it working is if you had some sort of PbP forum with permissions levels set for different users, which ObsidianPortal currently does not allow. That, or you can throw it all up potluck and tell everyone "No Metagaming" :P
  • Everdark
    Everdark
    That's true, Rase. You should definitely be able to trust your players to not metagame if they're a good group. I'd also understand him not wanting to do that, though. Ya know, in case a piece of that knowledge was supposed to be like a surprise moment for one of the characters that weren't supposed to know.
    Post edited by Everdark on