Hail!

Challenger
edited July 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• Challenger
    Hello All,

My name is Chris Originally from California and moved around a lot. My parents planted us in Connecticut where I discovered Magic (the card game) and D&D. Was made fun of a lot in school because of our lunch and study hall magic games but I am way past that now. I lost my whole child hood because of some tragic events and it seems to follow me to this day hehe. I moved to Simpsonville, South Carolina (Greenville County) with my wife and 2 kids. I became quite ill and she took the kids and left me. Seems I cannot get my feet planted no matter what. I have not played D&D for about 10 years or so right around the time when the third edition was coming out. Life was much better then and a hell of a lot simpler. My choice character was the Wonderfully Magnificant but lonely Paladin. I miss playing and am sad to say that I cannot find any of my old character sheets which is a shame......

I really want to get back into the life of D&D I feel drawn to it for some reason. If there are any groups in the Simpsonville/Greenville area please speak up. If you have room for 2 that would be even better my older brother would like to look into it as well.

Another option would be I could start a group at my home. I used to be a DM and just would need to purchase all the books, dice, etc... which would not be an issue I think. So if you are from this area and are interested in joining that would be something to talk about as well. This is my only outreach thus far and look forward to getting a response. Thank you all for your time.

~Challenger Draconis~
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Hello Challenger!

I'm not from your area, but I try not to let posts in this category go unanswered. :)

Re buying all the books to get your own campaign started: With the release of 4.0, it's gotten really easy for me to find 3.x sourcebooks at the local used book stores. I'd recommend looking there first. There are apparently also plans to put the non-core books out there as legitimate PDFs, which might also be less expensive.
  • Challenger
    I do a lot on Ebay as well. What books and items would you suggest I look into purchasing to get started? Books, maps, guids, types of dice, etc...?
  • adamkadmon777
    adamkadmon777
    Hey Challenger! I'm new as well here! As far as what you want to get started in D&D? The PHB (player's handbook is a must have) your own set of dice would be nice, and a nice mini to represent you character. If you plan on being the DM...well you'll need a bit more probably.