New England transplant in SATX

Comments

• Anomalousresult
    Hello everyone,
    I'm a, oh I suppose about 15 year veteran of RPGs. I got sucked in playing Palladium's TMNT and Other Strangeness when I was a teen and never looked back. Since then I've played everything from Rifts and Star Wars to Hackmaster and the Warhammer Fantasy RPG. Some recent campaigns I've been sucked into have included Sir Horatio's Habitat for Wayward Planars and Primes and The Chronicles of the Amber Wolf.

I moved to San Antonio about a year ago, and a friend and I have been trying to get a stable game together ever since. So, if you're local and looking to join a 4e D&D game, please let me know.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Hey there! I hope you end up finding folks - I know there are SATX gamers on this forum, just don't know where they are (and SA is a big place).

I'm in D/FW, but I have in-law family down that way.

Oh, and I once broke a Rifts game by importing a psionic cat from TMNT. I wish I knew why they didn't give TMNT psionics the Inner Strength Points limitation that they gave 'em in Rifts.
  • Anomalousresult
    Thanks for the welcome.
    We're making some progress finding other bored nerds, but it's never as fast as you'd like, is it?

I think the justification was that mutants had to pay for the powers in Bio-E tradeoffs, and all of the really good ones were brutally expensive. Really, though, I think Erick Wujick just didn't want the gamebreak of having to total up how much I.S.P. the Terror Bears used every time they gave the PCs the old mind-screw.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Yeah, Quaxo had Bio-Manipulation: Paralysis. I had to give up a LOT of options to get it, and there's no way she would have survived for long on her own. But we ended up dropping her into Rifts and making her a pet of one of the other PCs, so she could get away with not having thumbs and needing to ride around in a "cat carrier" with an MDC rating. =)