Party Module

RobJustice
RobJustice
edited July 2009 in Feature Requests

Comments

• RobJustice
    RobJustice
    Its a bit nit-picky but I figured it wouldn't hurt. The Party Module (the little box with all the player's characters on the right side) doesn't show up on the wiki pages. Its not a HUGE deal, but its annoying that I have to tab back to the Home page to look at my player's characters while I'm writing for my campaign. Right now I just keep all the PCs open in separate browser tabs but it'd just be nicer to have links on the right hand side for it.
  • Figment
    Figment
    The Party module is already visible on the Home, Adventure Log, Forum, and Comments tabs. On which other tabs do you want the Party module?
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    Ummm... the wiki pages. I thought I said that.
  • Figment
    Figment
    The Home and Adventure Log tabs are wiki pages, too. I wasn't sure if you wanted the Party module to be added to just the Wiki tab, or if you wanted it added to the Wiki, NPC Tracker, and Maps tabs.
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    Personally, I think it should be on every page. I should be a click way from my player's characters no matter where I am. But really, I'd settle for just the wiki.

Also, the Adventure Log is a blog not a wiki.
  • Figment
    Figment
    The Adventure Log is a weblog whose pages are part of the wiki. Adventure Log wiki links and wiki tags are interchangeable with those wiki pages under the Home and Wiki tabs. You act as if they are separate entities when they are not. It's all part of the overall campaign wiki.

I'll add my voice to your voice that this site should work to have the Party module on every page of the campaign.
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    Thanks for adding your vote. :D

And the intent of the portal, not the page syntax, determines what the portal is. I know of a few blog suites that use wiki syntax, but this does not make them wikis, it makes them wiki-compatible. You use the Adventure Log as one uses a blog and the Wiki as one uses a wiki, I think its a fairly important distinction. Like with Mexican food. Boy do I love Mexican food but in the end its all pretty much just tortilla, beef, been, rice, cheese, lettuce, & tomato combined in different ways. Yet you wouldn't call a taco with a gordita.