Question about premium accounts

Comments

• Annadeus
    Annadeus
    Sorry for the double post but I posted this on another forum weeks ago and haven't seen an answer:

So, I started looking into it a few weeks ago (after getting the link from Johnn Four’s RPG Newsletter), and have since decided to use Obsidian Portal to manage my new campaign. I’d always wanted to use a wiki to keep things organized and this is even better.

I’d love to get a premium account but I don’t use Amazon payments and don’t plan to. I’d rather do without the forums, and put up with the ads then have my credit card attached to their service.

Is there a way for me to pay you directly for a one year subscription, or perhaps by paypal?
  • Jomangor
    I'd love to be able to pay with paypal as well. It would certainly encourage impulse buying, as the thought of registering for another payment system gave me enough pause to keep me from paying for a 1 month subscription as a trial.
  • Dementius
    Dementius
    necroposting!

as this hasn't been answered for a year now, i would like to at least show, that here are some people interested to pay, but don't have or want to use a credit card.
    please enable paypal for the purchase of premium membership.

thanks
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    I don't know what the total situation is as far as Paypal, but here's what I did (I have no credit card either)

Go to a mall or gas station or Wal-Mart etc, grab a $50 credit card gift card (or some mall kiosks will let you get a reusable card with less; the minimum you get should be $45 if you have that option, there's usually a charge of a dollar or so to use a prepaid card) and use that to get the membership. It doesn't link to your permanent cards, and solves the problem of not having a card as well.
  • Dementius
    Dementius
    Thank you JimTriche,
    I would actually do that, if i'd live in the US. As i am german, and i am not aware that this is possible here, i have to keep buggin' the admins here ;-)
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    It should be possible in Germany as well as anywhere else with any developed market system, especially if you live near any locations frequented by tourists.
  • Dementius
    Dementius
    oh wow! i didn't know that! thanks a bunch!
    well, that should solve the problem for me then.
    i don't know why, but people here seem to be a bit nervous about credit cards, although i heard that in iceland even children pay with them.
  • JimTriche
    JimTriche
    Well, the people there probably do the math on the interest more than Americans do haha!! I can see the appeal of avoiding plastic money myself.

Good luck!