I figured this was a good place to begin

mmwDoval
mmwDoval
edited June 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• mmwDoval
    mmwDoval
    Introductions are always difficult to begin. How far back in gaming do I go? I first started playing basic D&D in 1979 while in college. I've since migrated through way to many systems and games to keep track of. The biggest problem I have now is getting my old gaming group back together to play. We all live within about a 100 mile radius, so we can gather 3 or 4 times a year to play, but that, by its self, is not that satisfying. So we have been looking of online tools that still felt like gaming. So far we have not found one to our liking.

I thought I'd poke around here and see if people had online recommendations (either software, site, or method) that might help.

Doval
  • bevinflannery
    bevinflannery
    You might want to check out the thread "here":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/forums/6/topics/677
  • mmwDoval
    mmwDoval
    Thanks. I have already scoured that thread and there is definitely some good stuff there. I'm currently playing with OpenRPG to see how it works. Seems pretty nice, but the documentation scares me. There are several entries with partial entries and notations "Needs to be finished" or the like. I thought nothing of it until I noticed the last update on the page was in 2005.