Navigating To My Campaigns + Post Preview

Launcher
Launcher
edited June 2009 in Feature Requests

Comments

• Launcher
    Launcher
    Good Evening,

I recently started using this site and I think it's relatively fantastic, but I have noticed something I think could be improved. I feel most users of the site would agree that the first thing they want to do when they log on is navigate to a campaign they're participating in (GMing *or* playing).

Generally, I accomplish this in one of two ways: I click on "My Profile" and then click on the desired campaign, or I click on "Campaigns" and click on one of my favorite'd campaigns.

This is all well and good, but it's still two clicks to reach my primary objective. So, I made a mockup of two ways one could reach any of their campaigns in one glorious click.

!http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7643/mockup.png!

So, lemme talk a bit about this. As you can see I put a "My Campaigns" box over there on the right, because frankly, that's just wasted space anyhow. That's pretty self-explanatory.

Up in the top left is a drop down menu with submenus. When you mouse over "Campaigns" in the mockup, you get the first column, and when you mouse over "My Campaigns" you see the second column. The submenu you've opened remains highlighted while you're in it to make it less confusing, and the option you are hovering on highlights *AND* underlines, again to avoid confusion.

The navigation bar at the top is PRIME real estate for drop downs and it has a couple possible advantages. No matter where you are on the site, those options remain available and suddenly you can get to a multitude of different pages from anywhere.

In the mockup, there are some dummy boxes in column 1. This is just to show you can put something else there, like say having a "Favorite Campaigns" menu in addition to a "My Campaigns" menu. Stuff like that.

As an unrelated request, being able to preview posts here on the forum to make sure you're making the post exactly as you want it, would be nice.
  • Figment
    Figment
    I really like both options for getting to a capaign directly. Two thumbs up on the visuals! You can add my vote for these options.
  • Mutak
    Mutak
    Agree. I like the idea of having a campaign list (maybe just favorites?) under the welcome box.