Well, I'm not exactly brand new

hippodruid
hippodruid
edited June 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• hippodruid
    hippodruid
    I just haven't posted on the forums yet. My name is Nick, and I game out of Lincoln, Nebraska. Right now I'm DMing a 2nd edition AD&D Dark Sun campaign that's been going on for a bit over a year. Definitely both my favorite campaign setting and rules system for any D&D released, ever.

In the past, I've run a whole lot of systems, and played in very few. No one has mercy for the good GM among friends. :P Some of my favorites are Shadowrun 2nd edition, Legend of the Five Rings (first release from AEG), and Call of Cthulu (non-d20), because giving people nightmares is fun. Other systems I've run are BESM (Tri-stat), various White Wolf games (Vampire, Wraith, Orpheus, Changeling, Mage, Exalted), and 3rd edition D&D. I've played in all of the above (save BESM, Wraith, and Orpheus) and other White Wolf games (Hunter, Werewolf, ah, hell, let's just say all of them (except Mummy)), Witchcraft, Talislanta, Dragonlance: 5th Age, Rifts, In Nomine, Palladium Fantasy and Heroes, Hol, and Freebase (okay, not really). I own books for 7th Sea, although I've never played and probably never will run (interest is keyed in on D&D). I also have the rules for Elric! somewhere.

Turn ons: Lurid description, realistic villians, spending most of a session talking as a character
    Turn offs: Railroading, invincible foes (not the psionic power--that's sweet), forcing people to roleplay

So yeah, if you're in the Lincoln area and you want to game with us, feel free to send me a message! The more the merrier, and you don't even have to earn your first three levels (at least in Dark Sun)! Aside from that, it's great to be on this site. This is possibly the best thing for GMs, ever.
  • Figment
    Figment
    Another Dark Sun fan! I so totally wish there was a way for this site to connect us all. I have to ask, which boxed set do you use (2.0 psionics and pre-Prism Pentad or DS's 2.5 psionics and post-Prism Pentad)?

Welcome to OP!
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Welcome to the Portal! I'm big on description too - I used to build zones for MUDs as my creative outlet, because I knew I was really good at writing descriptions and really BAD at writing believable action. ;) I'm getting better at the latter, hence branching out into eventually GMing. :)
  • LadyDM
    LadyDM
    He's with me, Figment, so the answer is the same! ;)
  • Figment
    Figment
    Dang, I was hoping that the Dark Sun community here was growing by leaps and bounds! :)