Well Hello There

JohnL
JohnL
edited June 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• JohnL
    JohnL
    Hi everybody who reads this and cares. I am 44 living in OLY WA and still new to OP. I have started putting my new and existing campaigns here and am very happy with the wiki thing. I never used my Laptop until a couple of sessions ago with my running game. Wow, what a difference having everything just a click away here and a click away there. I use a dice roller program, and everybody is still calm when the attack happens, Surprise! I also used a spread sheet prog to track encounters and player stats and conditions. It is nice to have a place to put all my notes, where my players can see what I want them too, and still keep my stuff private. I would really like to find some players in the South Puget sound area to start a new campaign. My usual group is limited because of younger gamers in school and incompatible work schedules. Anyway I ramble, I have been playing since the game first came out and almost always end up GMing. I like story telling and creating new and exciting places for characters to run around and die in(ha ha) they don't always die,well not all of them at once anyway. So this is my short introduction to me. If you want check out A Brave New World 1701 and Eight Roads Home. 8 rds is the old camp. let me know if you have any help or suggestions. Thanks if you actually took the time to read this. Any responses will be appreciated. Please be nice I bruise easily.
  • Benjamin385
    Benjamin385
    Welcome to Obsidian Portal John

If you play Hero System there is an Puget Sound Group of Gamers that you can find on http://www.herogames.com/forums/

I wish you the Best with your Campaigns :)

-Ben
  • JohnL
    JohnL
    Thanks Ben. I used to play Champions alot and always enjoyed the Hero System. I'll check out the tip which is appreciated. JohnL
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Hi there! Glad this is working out for you! And yes, I can definitely see the advantage of using a dice roller to be stealthy about surprise attacks. I don't own a laptop, so I fake them out with meaningless rolls of dice instead. =)