Factions tab

gull2112
gull2112
edited May 2009 in Feature Requests

Comments

• gull2112
    gull2112
    The latest buzz on the blog is all about using factions in our campaigns. Essentially every being is put into a faction and PCs and NPC's may be in more than one. Factions can have competing or complimentary goals and have a variety of enemies and friends and can add a great deal of depth to a campaign with very little work compared to value returned.

It would be really cool if the wiki feature of the site could be used to cross-reference members and allies/enemies as well as faction resources and goals and responsibilities. Being an old guy, I don't really get how this whole wiki thing works, but I can see its potential.
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    This would be pretty easy to accomplish with the basic Wiki functionality really. Just create a page for each faction, that details all their common information, and then include a link to the appropriate faction pages in the description of each NPC. You can also use the Tags feature in the NPC system to organize your characters - for example, in "my campaign":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/sanction/npc-tracker I've used tags to single out groups of NPCs based on both their in-character affiliations, and their roles in the game - and then folks can click on the tags to get a list of all the NPCs with that tag.

Edit: It would be cool though if we could create arbitrary tabs for important sections of our campaigns. Maybe have a 'show as tab' check box on any given Wiki page. This could present some page layout issues though.