So many worlds, so little time...

Ravenspath
Ravenspath
edited May 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• Ravenspath
    Ravenspath
    Hello. I was given this link by someone whose gaming site I admire and thought I would go ahead and join up. I've been gaming for 30 years now starting with the basic box set of D&D. I've been through all of that systems incarnations as well as played many others: Champions, Mage: The Ascension, Vampire: The Masquerade, Immortal, Deadlands, Star Wars (d6), Fantasy Hero, GURPS. I readily admit I have an addiction or almost obsession for buying RPG books. I have dozens of games that I have not had a chance to play in but that I own the books for: Fireborn, Spycraft, Amber, Nobilis, and many, many more.

I love world building and hope to use this site for that working on them and keeping track of everything. I have two fantasy worlds started, one slightly future mid-apocolyptic, one present day and a possible sci-fi setting. I also hope to convert over Al-Qadim (my favorite overall setting) to GURPS.

I have always like the flexibility of HERO and GURPS and will be using GURPS for the majority of my worlds. The toolbox functionality of these systems make it easy to build exactly what you want.

I hope you take a look at what I build and give me your feedback.

Thanks
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Welcome to the site! My friend Florimel is a HUGE fan of the Amber Diceless game. If he had any clue how to run a game online, I'd recommend him to you. =)
  • Figment
    Figment
    Nobilis! That brings back fond memories. Hopefully you'll get the chance to enjoy all of those great games you've yet to play.

Speaking of Al-Qadim, was it hosed with the rest of the planet when 4E hit? I know Faerun was highly affected, but I'd be curious whether Mazteca, Kara-Tur,and Al-Qadim were similarly affected or if they've been ignored completely. Make sure to post somewhere on the forums when you have a wiki up for GURPS Al-Qadim!