ADDED - Newly Updated/Added

geekevolved
geekevolved
edited September 2007 in Feature Requests

Comments

• geekevolved
    geekevolved
    A good feature would be a "Newly Updated or Added" box on the right, below the party list and ads, so that players can see stuff that has been added so that users won't have to hunt down new things or memorize what already exists.
  • AidanDark
    AidanDark
    I would like to second the request for this!!!

- AD
  • DocWyatt2001
    DocWyatt2001
    Definately a good idea. Saves me having to send out emails when people update or I update stuff... Less work for me is good.
  • Micah
    Micah
    Yes, this is a good idea. Let me see if I can think of a good way to make this happen.
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    An ammendment... perhaps you can also make an optional "send me email when this is updated" feature.
  • Charsen
    Charsen
    Is this still in the works?

I would love to know when the last time a page has been updated, because I'm wondering if some of the campaigns I was semi-watching have died... Also, it would help me keep track of my own progress and updates.
  • Micah
    Micah
    It's on the list, but not for anytime soon. We're working on the list of favorite campaigns and a few other things right now.

For now, I suggest subscribing to the RSS feeds for the campaigns you're interested in. These will be updated automatically each time a new post is added, and I assume that's what people are eager to track.

If you're totally clueless as to what RSS is, I suggest going here: http://www.google.com/reader
  • Micah
    Micah
    You can now add a campaign to your favorite list, and this will display when last it was modified. There are a lot of things that will trip the modification time (new/edit blog post, new/edit wiki page, new player joins, etc.) but it's still a good way of telling which campaigns are alive.
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    Ha, yes! Thanks, that's really awesome! _Runs off to add campaigns to his favorites list_
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    Thanks Micah :D
  • Micah
    Micah
    Look for the little orange icon next to the "Latest Updates" on your main campaign adventure log page. This will let you track what's going on in a campaign.