Loot Divider

redbeard
redbeard
edited May 2009 in Feature Requests

Comments

• redbeard
    redbeard
    What is it?
    The Loot Divider is a method to track which character got which piece of loot from a particular adventure, and to measure shares of loot.

Why is it helpful?
    Sad to say but this has been a topic of contention in a number of groups that I've been in or DM'd for. Whether the group is too passive to claim items, make a decision when more than one person wants an item, or if there is just simply book keeping that needs to be handled. Sometimes I've even heard, "hey, who got that ring any way? Do you have it? I don't have it. Did we leave it there?" Items, sometimes important plot items, can fall through the cracks.

Every group evolves their own functional/disfunctional way of handling loot. The best way I've seen was when one player kept track of loot and would divide things up into equal shares.

What would it look like?
    Yes, I saw one on Epicwords. Like most things there it could be improved (forgive the snark).

Features:
    Database of loot items. Each item would have a description (player edited), secret Dm notes, value, category, status (sold, destroyed, used, available), and owner.
    Player Wealth screen - list of known items that a player has and equivalent wealth received.
    Party Wealth - what is available to the party. Sometimes this is just gold, other times the party will purchase potions/wands/etc for group use.
    Loot Entry: enter items, divide into shares, calculate value of shares, allow shares to be assigned or claimed.
    Post to forums: post loot list into a forum topic for the campaign. Players could then comment on the items or their division.