Ability to post in character

Kattdav
Kattdav
edited April 2009 in Feature Requests

Comments

• Kattdav
    Kattdav
    When we discovered Obsidian Portal, we figured that the functions available on this site would be PERFECT for online gaming.

The main idea is that each day, the GM posts a paragraph or two outlining the current situation, and then allows the players to log in on their own time and post their character's reaction. The GM has to keep an eye on what's happening throughout the day, but all and all, the players can check in and participate at their own leisure.

Sooooo awesome.

One of the things that we would LOVE to do would be to post under our character's name..... Is there a feature like this that I simply haven't discovered yet?
  • bevinflannery
    bevinflannery
    Do you mean that you want the updates that someone has modified something (Adventure Log, Wiki) to identify the person making the modification by their character rather than their account name?

Are you doing the play-by-post in the Adventure log? I.e., your GM starts off by posting something in the Adventure Log, and the rest of you come and modify _that_ entry in the Adventure Log by adding your own parts? (One of my completed campaigns - pre OP - did something similar by circulating emails among all the participants and then posting regular installments to the public group - a USEnet newsgroup. In making their additions, the person would preface their section with their character's name in brackets. That campaign is now archived on OP "here.":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/stardreamer )