Rating explanation

Flatscan
Flatscan
edited April 2009 in Feature Requests

Comments

• Flatscan
    Flatscan
    What does it do?

When you rate a campaign a pop-up window appears with a text field to give some explanation for why the wiki/blog was rated as it was. The comment then gets posted in the Comment section of the wiki/blog. If no comment is submitted at the time of the rating, the rating is not registered.

What does it look like?

Just a simple text field pop-up, similar in appearance to the search text field with a submit button.

The purpose of this would be to help wiki/blog creators know what exactly their campaign site is lacking. This can help focus areas of improvement and ultimately lead to better user-created content. I know comments can be added for the same reason, but this is rarely done and it can be frustrating getting a low score and not knowing why.
  • Benjamin385
    Benjamin385
    I would Also like this Feature.
  • Flatscan
    Flatscan
    Yeah, I'd still like to see something like this implemented. I just got a low rating from a user who has added nothing to this site other than ratings. No wiki/blog, no characters, and no items. All this person has provided is arbitrary ratings. I was told by this user my campaign wiki/blog is bare bones! Unbelievable. :-(
  • Benjamin385
    Benjamin385
    Flatscan your Campaign ROCKS!!!
    It goes into allot of Detail on Conan's World

I absolutely love your campaign.

BTW: I added a 5 star rating and faved it just to get even with that guy.
  • Flatscan
    Flatscan
    Thanks! :-D
  • Figment
    Figment
    I've given this some thought, and I'd like to say that I agree with this proposal. The Comments section already exists on campaigns. and this would be a great way to drive more critical possitive and negative reviews of campaigns, characters, et cetera. When people know what they need to improve with negative or neutral reviews, or what people really like in possitive reviews, it helps both the campaign owner but also people who are browsing and thinking about what to do with their own sites.