Hello from West Michigan

the_jake_1973
the_jake_1973
edited April 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• the_jake_1973
    the_jake_1973
    Hello,

My name is Jake. I am very happy to have found this site, it has really helped in organizing my current campaign. I've been gaming since my mom first got me the DnD red boxed set many years ago. I still like to color in my dice numbers.

I gave up on AD&D some years back and now I use the Warhammer Fantasy setting, combining facets of both 1st and 2nd editions. I ran the first session of my campaign last Saturday and it went well. I enjoy the ability to put a recap on the site for people who have not been there. It also puts into writing the funny and oddball stuff the players get up to.

I introduced some more physical elements to the campaign by making my own coins and jewel for the players to use as currency. Hobby Lobby has neat treasure chests to let me play banker when money transacations are needed and really shows how hard it is to carry large amounts of gold. I also made a broadsheet, a wanted poster and a circular letter of credit form to add flavour. The letter of credit helps to keep the physical amount of gold/silver/copper to a reasonable encumbrance level.

My campaign: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/in-the-service-of-death
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Yay for props! I would do something like that if my house didn't have two large dogs that could get into a lot of trouble with them.