Dave Arneson

Comments

• Finn_Quill
    Finn_Quill
    "I know this was mentioned in the thread for EGG, but I think that Arneson merits his own thread. Dave Arneson, who co-authored (let's just say that and leave any debates about it to rest, at least here) D&D with E. Gary Gygax, passed away recently.

"I am not one for mourning, but I do feel a pang of loss since I will not have the chance to meet a man I consider to have given birth to something which has become very important to me. It is sad to see that both originators of a beloved game (a beloved genre really) have both died, and one so soon after the other."

"I ask people to pass on any condolences, because while he may not have been well known, he is the reason we gather around our tables weekly, monthly, or even annually. So every gaming session (D&D or not) should be a tribute to a man who should never be forgotten."
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    And I'll re-post what I quoted in the other thread:

bq. UPDATE: Memorial at the funeral home April 20th. Public welcome. Bradshaw Funeral Home, 678 Snelling Ave South, St Paul, MN 55116