Textile not working

Comments

• Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    I'm having problems getting Textile to work in my pages.

1. I tried to float an image on my "Wiki":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/le-ballet-de-l-acier/wikis/main-page page; no luck.

2. I tried adding three links to other websites on my Wiki page; again, no luck.

I checked my float and link scripts "here":http://www.textism.com/tools/textile/ and they worked fine, but they will not work once I paste them into Obsidian Portal.

I tried turning off the WYSIWYG editor and loading the script that way - still no joy.

I'm running out of ideas.
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    Anyone?
  • Figment
    Figment
    I'm an anyone. Hopefully I will suffice until someone more legit has some time.

1. Try using instead of for the float command.

2. Your quotation marks are rendered as " as if you wanted them to appear as quotation marks in the body of your page rather than using them as Textile code. Is that your doing or an error?

3. Is there a character or two you can give as an example? That's a long list of characters for us to have to wade through to find an example.
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    The problem apparently was that when I pasted the script in from Notepad the quotation mark characters were changing to &quot:.

Thanks for the help.
  • Figment
    Figment
    Did that solve just the URL links or all three problems?
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    That took care of the image float and external link problems.

I haven't taken another look yet at the wiki links in the NPC tracker, but I'm not terribly worried about that one at the moment.

Thanks again for catching the problem with the quotation marks.
  • Figment
    Figment
    You're welcome! :^)