Hi from Iowa City

Charsen
Charsen
edited September 2007 in Player Lounge

Comments

• Charsen
    Charsen
    Well I've been a member of Obsidian Portal for a while now... I think since April 07, but in any case, I never got around to making an introduction.

I've been a gamer of some variety my whole life... most of us are probably the same way here I suspect. I only began table-top when I got into college though, previously I was just doing MUDs and some LARP (huge-scale VtM back in Florida). Now I play, let's see... 4 table-top games at the same time, 3 of which are on Obsidian Portal. :)

My favorite settings are Ravenloft, Shadowrun, World of Darkness (any), and Forgotten Realms D&D. The longest game I was ever in was a Dragonlance game (2 years long, a 6-10 hr game per week) where I played a halfling barbarian who thought sincerely that she was a dwarf. It was a fun game, and also my very first table-top game.

I go to the University in Iowa City, but I'm from Florida originally. My sister, her fiance and three of my gaming friends also use Obsidian Portal now. I'm a geek and so are my friends... of course! :)

So anyway, just thought I'd drop a line and say hi. So hi there, Obsidian Portalites or Portaloids or Portallers...? :p

-Mandi
  • Micah
    Micah
    Hi Mandi!

I'm also from the University of Iowa. I actually founded the HRPA (Hawkeye Roleplayers Association), although for me it was just an excuse to get a university sponsored mailing list to help people find games. The following presidents did much more.

I assume the HRPA mailing list is how you found this place. I spammed it a little in the beginning, since I thought a college RPG club was a good place to start.

It's good to know that Iowa City is still hoppin as far as gamers are concerned...

Micah

P.S. "Portaloids" ... I kind of like it. I chose the dumbest name for this website and I kick myself for it every time I read it. I should have gone with something snappier like "Google" or "Twitter" ;)