Using this site for non-tabletop games?

Comments

• flagplot
    Hi everyone,
    I am the member of the story-telling committee for a Live Action Role Play (LARP) group. One of our players pointed me towards this site as the Yahoo! e-group we currently use is a bit of a pain in the butt to use and has limited space for our files and character database.
    I know Obsidian Portal was created to be used for table-top games, but would anyone take offense to us using it for our LARP? I'm just wondering so that we don't end up stepping on anyone's toes.
    Thank you!
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    I think about the only thing that would frustrate _me_ about it is if you then go to the Feature Request site and beg for folks to add in your LARP system. But the whole "adding systems" thing is just a big irritant for me in general - nothing specific to your situation.
  • Figment
    Figment
    I seem to recall while surfing the site sometime last year I stumbled across LARP and MUD campaigns on here. I think you should go for it. RP is RP, right?
  • Lunatyk
    Lunatyk
    I see very little difference between the end result of using this site for LARP and table-top... myself, I use it for my online campaigns because of the sheer amount of data they gathered over the years and my recent inability to navigate my notes system ._.